NAGA CITY — 3 were killed in a shooting incident in Barangay Balatas, this city, around 9pm last night, October 29, 2019, near Sto. Niño Memorial Park and Eternal Gardens Memorial Park.
According to report, several workers and security guards were setting up fences in the area when the suspect started shooting at them. The guards fired back killing the suspect in the process.
The suspect was identified to be Leo Viñas Jeremias, a member of the 9th Infantry Division of the Philippine Army.
2 others were killed at the scene, construction worker Ronald Madrid Ocares, and Moises Onoya, both from Barangay Balatas, Naga City.
A 9mm pistol was also recovered at the scene.
In the initial police investigation conducted, a land dispute involving the family of the suspect, Jeremias, might have triggered the incident.
Others involved in the incident were:
- Richard Directo, security guard, from Tigaon, Camarines Sur
- Joseph Rey Pasil, security guard, from Goa, Camarines Sur
- Eric Delos Reyes Delos Santos
- Silvestre Villareal Periña, security guard
- Francisco Moronia Baysa, from Barangay Cararayan, Naga City
- Norman Villones Calomos, security guard, from Calabanga, Camarines Sur
Investigation is still ongoing
With reports from RMN-DWNX Naga / Paul Santos